New Hinge Gypsy File – P3 Hinge

Hi Eveyone, as promised below is the link for the new Paper Phenomenon Page Hinge or the P3 Hinge LOL.  Has a nice ring to it huh!

In this file you will find the P3 Hinge that can be used for all my page designs and the P3 Petite Hinge that can be used for the Tim Holtz Binder Rings.

P3 Hinge Gypsy File

You will need the George Basic Shapes Cricut Cartridge to cut this file.

Happy Scrappin!

1. Thank you so much for this download. I just got a Gypsy and saw your video, about downloading this file, which I also thank you for.

2. Anonymous says:

Hmmm, I went through all of your archived videos on the U channel and could not find the Gypsy 101 tutorial. Is there any possible way for you to repost it on your blog for those of us who have gypsies but are confounded as to how to upload a that hinge file here?

I don’t know how many other NEWBIES feel the same as I do about needing more info on the “HOW TO UPLOAD”, and I’m truly sorry to be so persistent but it’s all I can do so as to not be left dangling in wonderment as to HOW TO UPLOAD this file. It’s such a wonderful thing for you to share YOUR AWESOME TALENT here like that, but I really need an UPLOAD FOR DUMMIES LESSON on the GYPSY. So would you, for the dummies…. re-post the video on how to upload to the gypsy, Please?

Would much appreciate it.

3. top of a door

4. This comment has been removed by the author.

5. Anonymous says:

Thank you so very much, Kathy. I will look it up.

6. Awesome! Thanx so much for sharing this, love it!

7. sfrench1124 says:

Whoo Hoo Go Kathy, Go Kathy!! Great idea and I hope I can figure out how to do this w/o the cricut. I also have a Silhouette and maybe I can create it in my software. If I manage to find the time, I will try to send it so you can post it. I don’t have a way of uploading it since I don’t keep a blog.
    Thanks again!

8. Anonymous says:

Hello- Gisel, this video is very old and so is the information for syncing. Now Provo Craft has Cricut sync instead of the Gypsy sync. I have a video on Ustream titled Gypsy 101 I go through things that I know about the gypsy including the transfering of MY FILES.

I hope this helps.

Kathy Files

9. Hi KATHY,

I’m new to this, and so yesterday, I left a comment above here asking on how to upload YOUR FILE to my gypsy. After some searching around on the Youtube I found this video from 2009 on how to save files for the gypsy from out of design studio.

Are the instructions to saving YOUR FILE HERE the same as what is shown on this video?

10. this is a wonderful ideal kathy, I’ll be looking for your print out file

11. June-Marie (mermaid49) says:

Totally fab!….and how convenient these woudl be….I don’t have the gypsy but I do have the George cartridge so I am ecstatic that you will be posting a printed tutorial…thanks again for taking the time to design and share your creations

12. Anonymous says:

Hi Kathy!!!!!!!! Love the new hinge idea. I also need help downloading this file for my gypsy. I am new to the gypsy world too. What cartridge did you use?? I am hoping it is the George one??!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
    God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wendy C.
    aka ScrapnbugC

13. You are an amazingly talented and generous lady. Thanks so much for this awesome binding method. Can’t wait to try it.

14. Kathy – again you prove how talented you are! I can only wish I had half your vision. Love all your work. Hugs Suez

15. Kathy, thank you again for sharing. Another great idea to make paper crafting more fun.

16. How GENEROUS of you,

THANKS Kathy!!!

Love from Sweden

17. Anonymous says:

Kathy, you blew me away! thank you for another great tip!
    annemarie SA

18. Anonymous says:

Thanks for sharing that. I have a gypsy, but being new to it, I know how to create files in it, but I don’t know how to upload files that other people have created to it. How do I do that? AND, I don’t know how to download files that I created so that I can share them. Do you have instructions or know where I can find them for both these situations?

19. Anonymous says:

I’m a visual learner, how do you bind all together?

20. Yes, I have DS and SCAL so I need a file for one of those please. I’d love a copy if anyone come up with it. Thanks.

21. Took some Tim Holtz classes a couple of months ago. He uses 2 Binderies – the right hole of one and the left hole of the other to punch the holes for his binder ring thing…although it would make more sense if it did fit the binderie the way its set up for the rest of us!

22. Anonymous says:

Love this! Can’t wait for the printable version because I don’t have a Gypsy either. Thanks! You are the Queen!

23. Anonymous says:

could you please tell me what tyvek is?
    thanks so much Cathy R.

24. Love the P3 Hinge but I don’t have a Gypsy.. Love to see this in a PNG or JPEG File..

25. Kathy-

How do you convert the P3 file from Gypsy to Cricut Classroom? Someone told me you could. I do not own a Gypsy.

26. Thanks for sharing Kathy!! your awesome!!

27. Totally awesome! Thanks, Kathy!

28. Hi Jackie. I don’t know. I don’t own those programs like make the cut or scal. You may want to google it.

29. How do I save to a svg file. This is great thanks Jackie

30. Kathy, awesome idea and even better that you share. I am new with my gypsy and do not know how to share or download files on my gypsy…do you happen to have instructions on that? I will try and see if there are any tutorials – thanks so much.

31. Thank you Kathy,, Love it

Jo Morris

32. Gloria. When you fold the p3 in half it is a double layer. But, yes tyvek will work as well.

33. Thank you Kathy for this system….it makes a lot more sense to use this….not much pressure on the page….but won’t these wear out or the eyelet tear apart for the cardstock….maybe we could double the layer at the holes with the tylvec and cover with another piece of cardstock….that would work….thank you sharing ….

34. Hi Kathy, thanks once again for a superduper tip. I have one question though, I have a CraftRobo cutting machine and it only uses .gsd file. Is it possible for you to save your file in that format as well? Looking forward to your next U-stream class.
    Lots of Love from
    Pita babe Ladyscrapper, Sweden

35. I will have a printable file as well. I will post it soon.

36. I can’t believe my comment posted, I have been trying to post something for the longest time!! Google is so sometimey!!!

37. that is a great binding system but what if you don’t have a gypsy……how can I still be able to get it, someone could print some out and mail them.

38. Hi Kathy, my question is what if you don’t have a Gypsy and would like to use/make the P3 Hinge? I’ve seen your video and can probably make one with my trimmer, hole punch, etc. TFS :)

39. Love it of course got me my book from you. I just look at it everyday. P3 the best