Ustream FIX — OMG and ADM

Ok Everyone!!! This totally fixed my Ustream problem.  Thank you, Thank YOU Rachelle!!!!! I followed her instructions exactly and it worked.  My Video plays perfectly.  Thank you so MUCH Rachelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   See her email below.  I did a copy and paste from her email so I wouldn’t screw anything up.  Good luck!!!

Rachelle’s email below.

The issues that everyone is having with Ustream is due to the newest version of Adobe Flash Player.  I was able to correct mine by removing the new version (10.3) and installing an older version 10.2.159.  I have written up some steps that you can follow to fix yours.  If it is something you think other PITAs can follow, please feel free to share.  I love your site and your projects.  The steps are.

Uninstall “Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX” and “Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin”
Go to, follow the instructions on the screen to download and run the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller.  You have to run this, or you will get a message that a newer version of Flash exists when you try to install the older version.
Restart your computer
Go to
Scroll down to the Release and Content Debugger archives list, you want this one:
(Released 4/15/2011)   Flash Player (66.3 MB)
Download that file, it will download as “”.
Extract it to a folder.  On my pc I extracted it to c:\downloads.
Close all applications, especially IE and Firefox, then execute the following files from the extraction folder.
C:\Downloads\fp_10.2.159.1_archive\fp_10.2.159.1_archive\10_2r159_1\flashplayer10_2r159_1_winax.exe – for Internet Explorer
C:\Downloads\fp_10.2.159.1_archive\fp_10.2.159.1_archive\10_2r159_1\flashplayer10_2r159_1_win.exe — For Firefox
Ustream recorded should work now.
Always choose “No” when you get an update notification for Flash.

Rachelle Baker

1. Anonymous says:

WOWWWW thanks Rachel and Kathy now i can watch the classes
    Norma Edith

2. Anonymous says:

Yay it worked!!!!! why do they bring out new versions if they wont work on everything. Damnded if I know. They make it hard for us non expert people!!!

3. Printed out and followed Rachelle’s instructions to a “T” and now everything is working just fine! Thank you so much Kathy and Rachelle!!!!!

4. Anonymous says:

5. Angie10365 says:

Big thank you to Rachelle, I can watch again.

6. Woo Hoo!!! I fixed it on my MAC. Instructions are not exactly the same, but follow the same links above, just look for the MAC OS versions instead of Internet Explorer for the uninstall and then again after you pick the Release and Content Debugger 4-15-11. Works like a champ!!! I only ever had problems watching the recording, never the live shows. As long as I get signed in BEFORE that first commercial starts don’t even have to see Fabio…sorry Fabio…

7. This comment has been removed by the author.

8. WOO HOO!!! I finally figured it out. Thanks so much to Rachelle and Kathy. I am leaving for a 3 week vacation and was sad I wasn’t going to be able to catch up.

9. I have been working on this for 2 days. I don’t get a window to “run” this download. I need help!!! LOL I have a pc with Vista 64, if that helps.

10. Yeah!! I did it!! At first I couldn’t get my files unzipped, but after I did, Kathy’s lips actually matched what she was saying. Thanks so much Rachelle for your help. I feel renewed!

11. OMG! I am so excited! It worked and now UStream runs so smooth. Thanks so much Kathy and Rachelle!!

12. Thank you, thank you!!!!!! Now I can watch the Ustream classes again

13. Anonymous says:

Okay…..I MISSED the freaking *RUN* part.

I just had to vent and then it worked!!

14. Anonymous says:

Dang it! Now I just have a screwed up computer with no help in site!!!! grrrrrrrr

Yes, I followed the directions but it won’t unzip now!

15. Yay! That was it!! GREAT JOB – what a pain, huh!? How did you know all that?!

16. OMG!!! is right! Did it all by myself last night, your instructions were so easy to follow! Thanks a million Rachelle and Kathy.

17. Linda Waite says:

Thank you Rachelle and Kathy .

18. Thanks so much Rachelle and Kathy – worked for me!!!!

19. Anonymous says:

It so totally worked….Yahoo…thanks so much for the fix. Huggs to Rachelle…off to watch some videos I have been trying to see.

20. gonna have to have my daughter do it for me because i must of done something wrong it wont work..:(

21. Anonymous says:

OMGosh thank you soo much. I was ready to call the “Geek Squad” to fix it now I can watch and learn. I am jumping with joy!!!!!

22. wtg Rachelle!! Thankyou to you and Kathy :)

23. Thank you soooo much Kathy!!!