December Daily Lapbook Part 5 & 6

1. Konnie with a K November 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Kathy, this is looking great. Just wanted to let you know what I do for the back of the brads. Before I cover the backs up, I take a small piece of Tyvek, add score tape and place over the back of the brad. Then I cover it with a sticker, paper or whatever. I think that this keeps the brad from wearing through my paper or photo over time. Thanks and have a great day!
    Konnie

2. Scrapthat November 6, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Too fun Kathy!! I look forward to seeing your next vid/s…Is this where you are doing the accordion book you spoke of? I love all the floor space you can create with this album…rarely will one picture a day do me, when doing a project like making ornaments with DD I like at least a couple of pics! One picture doesn’t always tell the story for me personally. I’m so excited as I am getting my PP today, but I love watching the vids a couple times. 😀 Thanks again girl!

3. Anonymous November 6, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Kathy my friend….I had to laugh as you were talking about giving extra instruction for newbies. I don’t think of myself as new any more BUT that darn paper cuter you were using, which I also have, has been so difficult for me to master. I never know which way to set it down or how to work my paper with the ruler. I think most of my problem stems from being a lefty. But then maybe its just me being me as well. Anyway thank you for showing the cutter repeatedly and how to set it down, measure and cut with it. I think I’ve got it now !!!
    You are Amazing as always
    Deb

4. elli thomas November 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Yeah!! It’s a two-fer day! This project SOUNDED like a fun idea, but let me tell you – it is addictive!! I went through withdrawal yesterday! I love this idea of working on a little bit together (roughly) everyday. Easy to stay on task. Your blog has surpassed Disney as the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!! LOLOLOL Thanks for all your awesomeness!

5. Anonymous November 6, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Im right with you on this. And I love it. Di

6. CindiLu November 7, 2012 at 12:44 am

Fantastic project and excellent tutorial, particularly for those new to your style. I’ve really enjoyed watching the videos and now I’m thinking I’ll try making one or two of these myself. Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into these videos!! (I was actually waiting on the next project with the envelopes, but really like this one as well.)

7. Cathy L. November 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I have followed all videos but have missed decorating or matting the first part, are w on our own? Thanks Kathy

8. Kathy P November 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Hi Kathy
    This is a blast to make. Thank you so much for your excellent teaching and innovations. My question is: should I use the same techniques on the left that we used on the right to make the library pockets and the flip-ups? Is this a mirror image project or will there be different awesome things on the other side? Thank you!

9. Scrapthat November 7, 2012 at 3:49 pm

This is one of those dumb questions I am sure I know the answer to but….
    We do a total of 4 library pockets and 4 flap mats for the tension pocket area right? I mean you did two of each but I think you had the other side done…correctamundo?

10. Scrapthat November 7, 2012 at 4:08 pm

LOL Okay…you can delete that dumb question girl! I figured it out, you said in the first few seconds of vid 5 (insert rolling eyes here!)

11. Carol Labuski November 8, 2012 at 1:12 pm

What an awesome project, as always! You blow me away with your creativity, Kathy! Every time I see a new project from you, I shake my head and say, ‘how the heck does she come up with that?’ Ha ha! You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your talent with us! I am following right along with this project and have already made a few mistakes but was able to adjust and it’s still looking pretty good!

I have a tip to share….instead of using a craft knife to cut along score lines to ‘open up’ a window or one of the reinforcement slots, I use my paper trimmer and it works great! I’ve never been real successful using a craft knife and find the trimmer to work better for me.

Looking forward to the next part! Hurry! Ha ha!

12. Deni November 9, 2012 at 3:14 am

You are so fantastic in your teaching and your ideas Love them all Kutie Kathy!!!!

13. Mary Matthys November 9, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Hi Kathy! I’m loving the project!! You mentioned that you have one more video left to do. I’m wondering what you will do on that one. I imagine that you’re not doing a video for the center matting part and it seems like to the left and right of the center, you adhered the file folder down to make a large pocket. Do we do that now or will you be including that in the next video? Can you tell I’m getting anxious to work more on it?? My lapbook is turning out beautiful!! I’m using the Carta Bella Christmas Day paper, along with burgandy and dark green card stock. I’m going to document my grandson’s first Christmas month.

14. Kathy Files November 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Hi Mary. I will not be posting till Tuesday. Not sure if ill add anything.at this point. I am out of town teaching a workshop for the weekend and I have other things I am doing right now as I mentioned in my last video so please hang in there with me.

15. Kathy Files November 9, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Yes it’s a mirror image project

16. Anonymous November 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Love the lapbook. I have almost caught up with you. I also had company this weekend and I was not able to work on it. My daughter saw what I was working on and she wants one for Christmas so that she can store her memorabilia for her daughters past Christmas’.

17. Anonymous March 26, 2013 at 4:49 am

what kind of wet glue do you use
    love your daily projects and the tutorials. you do a wonderful job with your directions and are easy to follow
    thanks