P. I. T. A Designer Handbag Mini Album

Below is the paper line that I will be using to the P.I.T.A Designer Handbag Mini Album (LOL). The paper line the DCWV Indian Summer– See below for the Supply List

U-STREAM Class Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12PM CST

Supply List

The size of the chipboard will be determined by the size of your handle. The handle I am using is pretty wide so my dimension are as follows:

Chipboard
2 pieces at 10”x 5”
3 pieces at 10”x 2”

Pattern Paper
2 sheets of 12×12 for the outside of the handbag
2 sheets of 12×12 for the lining

6 sheets of 12×12 Kraft Cardstock
12 sheets of coordinating pattern paper – I am using DCWV Indian Summer

2 binding rings- 1.5”

Magnet Snap
Charms
Embellishments
Ribbon/Sequins

If you are not using the same handle I’m using, my method for sizing chipboard is: cut your chipboard 2” bigger than the handle. If your handle is 5”, cut your chipboard at 7” .

1. LilGreenBug June 27, 2010 at 1:48 am

Kathy,
    Where oh where did you get the paper for the outside of the brown handbag??? LOVE it!!!

2. Dimples June 27, 2010 at 1:52 am

Looking forward to this class tomorrow. Love the purse. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. CropinDimples

3. Vernetta June 27, 2010 at 1:56 am

Hey Kathy! Love this purse! I am glad that you are doing a tutorial on this! I can’t watch it live but I want to try later! where did you get that handle from? I love it!

4. KA June 27, 2010 at 2:01 am

Kathy wao thanks so much on doing a tutorial on the purse!!! you are so talent see you pita girl tomorrow!!!
    love
    Karla

5. cissi June 27, 2010 at 4:46 am

I have to miss class tomorrow, in-laws are coming so I have to cook a big lunch, I will miss all of you especially you Kathy. I’ll have to watch the recording. Thanks for everything you do Kathy !!!!!!

6. TUKI June 27, 2010 at 6:21 am

I am so bummed i’m gonna miss this class… but, I do have the Indian Summer Stack, yay for me. Howevuh, I have no purse handle! LOL Drats, I knew I was missing an important piece! Have lots of fun tomorrow ladies!!!

Hasta la proxima,
    Tuki

7. Deb June 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm

This is the perfect purse for a PITA babe! Thanks for the design our PITA Queen! lol

8. Wende June 27, 2010 at 3:39 pm

So looking forward to today. I’ve gotten every thing ready. 🙂 Pita babes rock! LOL

9. Cristal June 27, 2010 at 10:45 pm

So much fun in class today! Another great project and I will be making one of these for my sister.

Thanks Kathy!
    Cristal

10. JoAnn June 27, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Do you have this class recorded so I can watch it? I had to go to church and I didn’t didn’t get home till 1:20. I am the Children Church Dir. so I have to go but I would love to see this class. I hope I can still see it.

11. Kathy June 28, 2010 at 1:46 am

I had loads of watching your class. You (and your followers) are too much! Getting my supplies ready and will be making this handbag with my mom and sister-in-law next week. Thanks again!

12. kcrazy June 28, 2010 at 5:54 am

Hi KAT.luved the class of course. all your PITA!! gals have your back.there will be no bad mouthing, you. your !PITA. GIRLS ARE all aboard.there was some parts that messed up on the video for the purse.are you doing another video? Have a great day you deserve it. one of your pita girls.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

13. Kathy Files June 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Ok Guys– i guess you all will be seeing a Zebra handbag Mini!!!!! It didn’t record. I will post the new class date to my blog. Class will be in Session this coming Friday at 8PM CST!!!!! P.I.T.A Handbag take TWO!!!! The name of this hangbag suits it well!!! What a PITA!!!

14. Kathy Files June 28, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Thank you K!!! I know my PITA have my BACk!!! That’s how we roll!!!!!

15. TUKI June 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

16. TUKI June 28, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Aw man, I am bummed… I won’t be able to make it Friday, argh!! Hope you girls have a great time, you always do!!! JUST MAKE SURE IT RECORDS!! LOL

17. kcrazy June 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm

!!Fantistic. Ill have to go to town before friday to get my supplies. Thank you Our PITA QUEEN!!!:)

18. KA June 28, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Wao Wao yes, siiiiiii another class P.I.T.A Handbag take TWO!!!! you are too much Pita Girl, love you

19. Sheryl June 29, 2010 at 3:23 am

YAY…So glad there’s a part 2. I’ll be there!! Thanks again Kathy.

Gemz

20. Bigmist8k June 29, 2010 at 7:00 pm

What does P.I.T.A stand for? Sorry to be dense.

21. beazora June 30, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Kathy did not learn how to make this great pita purse, but I had loadsssss of fun!
    Thanks and will be there for take 2 LOL
    Love all your projects.
    Muchas gracias!!!!

22. Anonymous July 5, 2010 at 7:06 am

Watched video on handbag and want to give it a try (actually watched full one and the partial ones, you are too funny!!). Being orig from RI, I knew that accent had to be NY. Anyway, got the pink paper @ HL and would love to try (new to this stuff, so I mean TRY) to make it, have same handle. Do you have the dimensions of the inserts and pocket inserts for the pink one, I like the inserts going in that direction. Got some of the black paper (that you did not get to use due to a “cutting mishap” 🙂 in case first goes well.
    Would have sent an email request, but could not find an address. Will check site for dimensions. Hope you enjoyed your girls weekend and that your hubby is home safe.

23. Mallika April 20, 2015 at 2:19 am

Hi mam
    I get inspired by you everyday
    I just feel you r the genius in this scrapbook field
    I saw you mini handbag scrapbook video of 2012 in which you had mentioned u also have a tutorial but m not able to find on YouTube can u please help me with the link please